Weston Athletic Club – Race terms and conditions
Our 5 mile Prom Series, Junior 1 mile Prom races, Christmas Cracker 10k race and Mini Cracker 2k race are held under UKA Rules of Competition or ARC Rules of Competition depending upon the race licence held. Our Mendip Muddle race is held under FRA rules for Competition. Entrants are required to abide by the relevant race rules and the following terms and conditions, which are intended to help ensure the safety of all competitors:
- Affiliated Club entrants must be members of a UKA or ARC affiliated running club only (tri-clubs and running groups are not eligible for affiliated entry).
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
- Race places can be transferred between entrants until the race entries close, but cannot be deferred or transferred to another of our races.
- Those entering with ‘undisclosed’ gender will not be eligible for race category prizes.
- It is against UKA Rules for Competition, ARC Rules of Competition and Weston Athletic Club race terms & conditions to run wearing another entrants’ number or without an officially registered race entry and number. Any such runners will be disqualified from the race and both runners could be subject to disciplinary action by the appropriate National Association.
- No walkers, dogs or wheeled devices including pushchairs or baby joggers permitted. Runners ignoring this rule will be disqualified.
- All participants take part at their own risk, Weston Athletic Club, or any party acting on their behalf, cannot be held responsible for any injuries, loss, damages or expense which may arise in consequence of your participation in this event.
- For your safety and that of all runners strictly no headphones or earphones (including bone conducting versions) may be worn during the race. If a marshal sees a runner wearing headphones or earphones the runner’s number will be noted and they will be removed from the results.
- On race day competitors should undertake a self-assessment for COVID-19 and should not travel or attend the event if they test positive or have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- We regret that courses are unsuitable for wheelchairs.
- Competitors must be age 16 or over on race day to run the Christmas Cracker 10k, and age 18 or over on race day to run the Mendip Muddle. For the 5 mile Prom Series, competitors must be 16 or over on the date of the first series race (September race).
- Any video footage or photographs taken during the race may be used to promote Weston Athletic Club and their races.
- Weston Athletic Club reserves the right to change the course, race date and/or time, or make any other amendment that they deem necessary to stage the race. Any change will be communicated to all participants as soon as possible. Should the event date be changed, your registration will be automatically transferred to the new date.
- Personal information provided when entering events, such as your contact details, date of birth, gender and emergency contact details, will be used for race administration and health and safety. Weston Athletic Club and/or the Online Race Entry and Timing Provider may send email communications, postal mail and texts to race entrants regarding event participation as we have a legitimate interest in providing you with essential information and race updates.
See https://dev.westonac.co.uk/privacy-notice/ and https://dev.westonac.co.uk/data-protection-notice/
- The Race Director’s decision is final.
- Weston Athletic Club reserves the right to update these terms and conditions at any time or before race day.
Additional Race Terms and Conditions for Junior/Mini Races
- Junior entrants must be at least 4 years old and in Reception class or above from 1st September and can participate until they leave Year 11 at 16 years old.
- Any entrant aged 4, 5 or 6 on race day, must run with a parent or guardian.
- There will be 2 races for juniors:-
- Primary Race for children in Reception to Year 6.
- Secondary Race for children/young people in Year 7 – Year 11.
- Competitors will be the responsibility of their parent/guardian until they cross the start line, when responsibility will transfer to Weston Athletic Club.
- Competitors will be returned to the responsibility of their parent/carer – for the secondary race, on exit from the pen at race end (unless specified otherwise), and – for primary race, on exchange of a wrist band or luggage label issued to you before the race.
- Any photographs or videos used for Weston Athletic Club publicity featuring Junior entrants will not be used alongside entrants’ names and no names will be disclosed to photographers.
Race cancellation policy
Whilst it is unlikely Weston Athletic Club would have to cancel a race, the possibility does exist due to severe weather, advice by Public Health England or other Government body, Police incident or similar circumstances beyond our control. Under such circumstances, Weston Athletic Club regrets that it is highly unlikely that any refund of the race fee or other expense incurred, would be made. It is likely that the full cost of staging the race would have been incurred at this point. Any financial surplus generated as a result of the race cancellation will be given to our nominated race charities
Race cut off times
There are no cut off times, however in the Mendip Muddle, in the event of adverse conditions, marshals may be withdrawn after 3 hours 30 minutes and all remaining runners on the course required to return to race HQ.